This entry was posted on 20th March 2020
In response to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, 2Way Radio Shop are offering some guidelines in how to effectively clean and disinfect your two way radios and accessories.
- Apply a 0.5% detergent-based water solution with a clean cloth to your device.
- Get a short-bristled, stiff brush (a new toothbrush would work just fine) and gently scrub.
- Grab a tissue to dry off your device.
- Ensure that no solution remains in or around any connectors, cracks or crevices.
- The easiest and most effective way to disinfect your device with an over-the-counter isopropyl alcohol.
- Never apply the alcohol directly to the device.
- Apply the isopropyl to a clean cloth, then use it to wipe down the device.
- Certain chemicals and the vapours they emit can have a detrimental effect on plastic and the metal platings.
AVOID USING BLEACH, SOLVENTS & CLEANING SPRAYS TO CLEANSE OR DISINFECT YOUR DEVICE.